Tax Fundamentals face-to-face training.
A highly practical and hands-on program providing a comprehensive and relevant introduction to the fundamentals of tax.
Ideal for those seeking a well-rounded overview or refresher to tax, delivered in a practical and engaging way.
Each module includes case studies and real-life examples. The program is developed, delivered and supported by highly experienced trainers.
Tax Fundamentals consists of nine modules, with each module including challenges designed to mirror the everyday tasks that are found in your workplace. Modules are practical and engaging and will develop participants’ understanding through the use of activities and the application of concepts to real-life scenarios and examples.
What are the benefits of tax fundamentals training?
Who should attend?
Participants who wish to gain a fundamental understanding or a refresher of the key elements of the Australian tax system. This includes trainees, graduates, those returning to the industry/workforce, BAS agents or bookkeepers.
Upon completion of the Tax Fundamentals program, participants will receive TaxBanter’s Professional Certificate in Tax Fundamentals. To obtain the Certificate, participants need to complete all nine modules.
The Tax Fundamentals face-to-face training program is made up of nine modules presented across two days.
- General Deductions – s. 8-1
- Interaction with the GST
- Specific Deductions
- Interest deductions
- Deductions for Employees
- What is ordinary income
- Income v Capital
- Statutory income
- Isolated profit making transactions
- Exempt income
- Non Assessable Non Exempt Income (NANE)
- When is income derived
- Residency and source
Part One – Division 40 – Capital Allowances
- What is a depreciating Asset?
- Decline in Value
- The Holder of a depreciating asset
- Explain the capital allowance rules of Division 40
- Special rules for Small Business Entities
- The Rules for Business related capital costs
Part Two – Capital Works
- The Rules of Division 43 – Capital Works
- CGT Events
- CGT Assets
- Acquisitions of Assets
- Cost Base Rules
- Discount CGT Concession
- CGT Event A1
- Record Keeping
- Types of entities
- Choosing an entity for business or investments
Part One – Introduction
- How to approach the GST
- Liability to GST
- The Basic Concepts
Part Two – Specific Issues for GST
- Taxable Supplies
- Creditable Acquisitions
- Tax Periods and the attribution rules
- Net Amounts
- Input Taxed Supplies
- GST Free Supplies
- The Margin scheme for GST Property transactions
- An overview of the 12 Types of Benefits
- The Arranger Provisions
- Record Keeping Obligations
- Recipient payments and contributions
- Reportable Fringe Benefits
Part One – Introduction
- What is Superannuation?
- The Three Phases of Superannuation
- What is a Complying Fund?
- What is a Non-Complying Fund?
Part Two – Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- What is an SMSF?
- Contributions and the Rules including Contribution Caps
- Excess Contributions Tax
- Investment Rules
- Benefits and cashing rules
- The requirement to lodge returns
- The payment of tax
- The penalty regime
- Disputes, objections and appeals
- The powers available for recovery of tax
- Taxation offences: Prosecution actions
Pricing & Dates
Melbourne, October 2022
This is a 2 day course, Wednesday 12 & Thursday 13 October 2022 – 9:00am – 4:30pm.
Venue: Karstens, 123 Queen Street Melbourne, VIC
Sydney, November 2022
This is a 2 day course, Wednesday 16 & Thursday 17 November 2022 – 9:00am – 4:30pm.
Venue: Club York/York Events, 95-99 York Street Sydney, NSW
BBus (Accounting), CPA
Senior Tax Trainer
Lee-Ann brings over 19 years of tax training experience and is well regarded as an enthusiastic, approachable and engaging presenter. Her strong tax technical knowledge was developed at the Australian Taxation Office, where she held various technical, audit and training roles. Lee-Ann’s passion for tax training began in 2001 after joining Webb Martin Training and continues on at TaxBanter. From this time, Lee-Ann has continued delivering tax technical training sessions for various providers, including boutique training organisations and professional associations.
Lee-Ann’s strong technical knowledge and enthusiastic training style ensures that all participants, from the graduate to the partner, receive maximum value from each training session.