In-house training is a highly effective way of meeting your firm’s tax training needs. There are many advantages of in-house training for your organisation.
Maintaining up to date and practical training is key to keeping your firm relevant and your staff engaged.
TaxBanter understands that not everyone is the same so we allow you to choose the topics, times, dates and locations to suit your specific needs.
Talk to us today about your tax training needs.
What are the benefits of TaxBanter’s in-house training?
We come to you
No time lost in travelling to training sessions.
Free Tax Library
Access to extensive tax training content and tools.
We are experts in tax training as this is our core focus.
Through commitment to quality training.
High quality training materials
Our dedicated team of technical writers produce practical papers that are invaluable for future reference.
Receive materials in advance
Our training materials are delivered prior to your session.
Extensive team of trainers
Our combined pool of trainers have extensive experience in delivering tax training and offer exceptional levels of variety and specialisation in all areas of tax law.
Client specific relevance
Client queries can be raised and discussed confidentially in the context of the training session and examples can be provided around real-life scenarios that are relevant to your staff.
This is entirely up to you and your needs. Training sessions can be scheduled monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly or upon request and are usually conducted over a two or three hour period.
Sessions can be made up of:
A comprehensive Tax Update
Topics from our specialist training programs such as; Tax Fundamentals or Superannuation
Why choose TaxBanter for your in-house tax training needs?
As an In-house client you will have access to all materials presented in your sessions via the TaxBanter Tax Library, our online database of Tax Update and Special Topic content. The Tax Library allows clients to reduce their research time by easily accessing content and issues discussed in their sessions.
Past special topics from our Library
Available for our in-house training clients on request, and with notice.
General income tax topics
- Capital allowances – keeping up with the changes
- Deductibility of interest
- Financing business activities
- Forgiving debts
- Insurance and tax
- Company losses
- Non-commercial losses
- Occupational tax issues
- Personal services income
- Personal services income — so you pass the tests, what now?
- Property — CGT and income tax aspects
- Restricted expenditure
- Tax issues for buying, selling and using cars
- Tax issues for landlords
- Taxation of deceased estates
- Taxation of financial arrangements
- Taxing activity in cyberspace
- Taxing income of professionals
- The tax consequences of divorce
- Trust losses
- Trusts: lessons from the Courts
- Making choices and elections
Tax planning and integrity rules topics
- Anti avoidance provisions
- Division 7A — back to basics
- Division 7A — unpaid present entitlements
- Estate planning
- I am connected to whom?
- Value shifting
- Year end matters
- Division 7A: where to from here?
Capital gains tax topics
- CGT — back to basics
- Changing your main residence — A case study
- Small business CGT concessions — basic rules
- The $6 million MNAV test — are you under or over?
- CGT roll-overs
- CGT — special rules, wrinkles and traps
- Main residence
- Small business CGT concessions — advanced
- Small business CGT concessions — the practical aspects
Business and other structures topics
- Buying a business
- Choosing a business structure
- Getting money out of companies
- Getting the right structure for your client
- Selling a business
- Small business entities
- Succession planning
- Trust income and question 54A in the trust tax return
- Trusts — still the right structure?
- What it means to be an SBE
- Changing a business structure: a focus on SMEs
- Consolidation: worth considering
- Partnerships: conceptually simple but…
- Superannuation – how to get your money out
- Superannuation – SMSFs
- Superannuation and termination payments
International tax topics
- Crossing the border – international tax
- The International Dealings Schedule — can you really ignore it?
- Taxation of foreign exchange gains and
- Taxation of international amounts
Goods and services tax topics
- GST and property issues
- GST — significant developments
- GST — special rules
- GST implications for importers and exporters
Tax administration topics
- Foreign resident capital gains withholding
- Getting the paperwork right and controlling tax risk
- Managing tax disputes — a case study
- Tax issues for company directors
- Tax withholding and reporting regimes
- TB Statements and TFN reporting and withholding rules
- Employee or contractor
- Employment taxes
- Government concessions and incentives for business
- Government concessions for individuals
- Payroll tax — NSW and VIC
- Relevance of accounting to tax outcomes
- Rewarding employees
"Our trainer tailors our sessions to our needs and allows discussion on more in depth issues particular to our client base."
MRG Redshaw, QLD
“We like the interaction with the trainers, their ability to answer questions from the floor and details provided in the training materials.”
M V Anderson & Co, WA
"Our trainer presents complex issues in a manner that enables discussion, understanding, and the ability to further investigate through the use of the comprehensive notes."